A tumble dryer explodes in a laundry room in La Coruña, Spain, Tuesday, March 28, 2023. Unfortunately there were no casualties, but CCTV footage shows there were very few explosions . A customer left the scene ten seconds before the explosion.
Man narrowly escapes dryer explosion in laundromat
A clothes dryer explodes at a laundromat in Spain on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, with a customer leaving the premises seconds before the explosion, according to surveillance video.
Un hombre se salva por segundos de una explosión en una lavandería de A Coruña
El cargador de un mechero dentro de una secadora provocó la detonación👉https://t.co/5vIn64PF7F pic.twitter.com/ejwWbk5j5X
— La Vanguardia (@LaVanguardia) April 3, 2023
Every Tuesday, find international news as seen by Ouest-France journalists and our correspondents in our dedicated newsletter.
a few seconds. In La Coruña, Spain, on the afternoon of March 28, a clothes dryer exploded in a self-service laundromat. On Monday April 3, 2023, La Vanguardia rebroadcast images captured by surveillance cameras showing a customer leaving the store just ten seconds earlier.
According to our Spanish colleagues, the explosion was caused by a lighter charger left inside the dryer. Fortunately, no one got hurt.
However, the front door and windows to the utility room were smashed and the storefront walls collapsed. The footage was handed over to local police for analysis.